Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Progress Report

At this point in my project, I am mostly having trouble with artistic stuff.  I don't know how to make the colors look good together on the map, and I don't know how big to make the text in order to make it readable.  Some of my other designs are only text, not graphics, so I'd like to find a font that can work for both and also is readable from a distance.  I have some vague ideas about what I want the font to be, I am not sure which direction to go in.  As soon as I get the color scheme and font issues worked out though, I think I will be able to start printing the graphics, which will be really exciting!  I still have to look for locations to put them in, but I was thinking my process for that would be just walking around campus with them on a nice day and putting them in areas I think get a lot of foot traffic or are in a good location to point out the campus' relationship to cars.  I am also thinking of doing a graphic of all the roads in the U.S.  The idea is that if you took all the roads in the U.S. or maybe half of them or something and devoted that land to farming and agriculture instead you could feed __% of Africa, or you could feed ______ state. It's supposed to imply that the space used for cars could be used to solve a major world issue.  This one will be more calculation intensive than my last map, so I'm a little more intimidated by it.  But yeah, I have high hopes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment