Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Project Responses

For my project, I wanted to change the transportation culture at the U, so this week I looked up precedents to what I am hoping to do.  I found this great page that listed cool floor graphics that advertise different things.  I've posted some pictures of the coolest ones, and the rest can be found at this link : http://twistedsifter.com/2012/06/funny-creative-floor-sticker-ads/


I thought these were great, creative ways to raise awareness and advertise different things.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but I do like the landmine stickers for their ingenuity and for the physical takeaway in the sticker.  I think my biggest challenge with this project will be coming up with a unique idea for something to say.  I have a few informal ones, but they haven't solidified enough for me to put them to a proposal, so stay tuned.  

I am really excited about everyone else's projects, as well as my own.  I can't wait to explore the campus gardens, and I can't wait for the light pollution signs to come out so I can prove to my friends that it's a real issue.  One of my friends told me today that he wished there was a grocery store within walking distance of campus.  I hope I can change that someday too, because it really would be nice to not live in a food desert.  Oh well.  Sometime in the future.  Speaking of food, I wish there were more fruit trees on campus.  I feel like it would be worth it to put together a student group to clean up the fruit trees to be able to have fruit on campus.  But I don't really know, it's just a seed idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment